Environment Mr. Schutz
Welcome back! This will be an
interesting and exciting school year. We look forward to working with you. In
order to succeed you will need to be an active participant in the learning
process. You will need to come to class prepared, take notes, complete
assignments, study frequently, participate in class and ask questions.
1. Three Ring Binder (1-2” is recommended) , Paper, Pen, Pencil lots of index cards and your agenda are required each day. You will also need your district and Power School login.
TESTS AND QUIZZES:
1.Make sure you understand the material and study!!!
2. If you are absent on the day of a quiz or a test, you
take it the day you come back.
1. You will be assigned lab partners.
2. All labs must be written up according to the format that is given you.
3. It is expected that your data will be the same as your lab partner’s, and you may
consult each other on questions and conclusions, but write-ups need to be in your own
words. All written work will be submitted through www.turnitin.com
4. Late work will lose 10% per day.
5. Meeting with me to revise your lab before the due date
will add 5%.
1. You are responsible for all missed work, notes, and information. It is up to you to find
out what you missed and promptly make it up.
2. If you are scheduled for a music lesson, guidance appt.,
etc, you must report to class
first. You are to hand in homework that is due and obtain the class work for the day prior to going to your appointment so as not to fall behind.
I will be available Wednesdays after school, Fridays at 7:00 am and by appointment. I will also post much of the classroom information on my web site at:
www.mrschutz.com email firstname.lastname@example.org
GRADING: I will
post scores in powerschool, be sure to check your progress.
1. There will generally be 3 to 4 tests per marking period.
2. Tests and 1 Lab Write-up per Quarter – will be worth approximately 70%
3. H.W., Non-write up Labs and Quizzes - will be worth approximately 30 % of your quarterly grade.
4. WE DO NOT “GIVE” GRADES- YOU EARN THEM. YOU
ARE IN CONTROL OF THE GRADE YOU EARN.