Test your science knowledge with these eight questions.
Just click on your choice to see if you are correct.
1) What is house dust made of?
a. Pet dander
b. Exhaust fumes
c. Dirt particles
d. Human skin particles
2) What animal is the most poisonous ?
a. Australian Hedgehog
c. Poison dart frog
3) What makes a mosquito bite itch?
a) A portion of the mosquito's stinger left in the skin
b. Secretions from the mosquito's wings
c. A chemical reaction to certain types of skin, oils and odors
d. The mosquito's saliva
4) How long does it take light from the sun to reach the earth?
a. 12 hours, 17 minutes
b. 1.5 light years
c. 8 minutes, 20 seconds
d. 13 minutes, 30 seconds
5) What happens to cats if they don't eat meat?
a. They shed hair continually
b. They lose their sight
c. They sleep 18-20 hours a day
d. They become vegetarians
6) Which reptile is the fastest swimmer ?
a. Sting ray
c. Water snake
d. Leatherback turtle
7) What's the strongest animal?
8) What makes your stomach growl?
a. Acid reacting with stomach gases
b. Shifts and stretches in the stomach lining
c. Signals from the brain telling the stomach it's empty
d. Air moving through tissues
Back to my home page
Thanks to Newton's Apple for information and inspiration